The main contraindications to the use of Risperdal are:
- hypersensitivity to the components included in the composition of the drug;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- the age under15 years.
The drug is not recommended for use for people whose work is related to:
- driving the vehicle;
- complicated operator activity;
- control mechanisms;
- prolonged concentration of attention and a high speed of psychomotor reactions.
Risperdal contraindications also include:
- diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- Parkinson’s disease;
- cerebrovascular disorders, hypovolemia, dehydration;
- use of other centrally acting drugs;
- use of alcohol.
During the FDA studies it was found that the drug Risperdal has some side effects. A 17 – percent risk of EPS and the initial increase in weight were detected. Also there is a chance of developing diabetes and orthostatic hypotension with dose adjustment.